6 Delicious Gifts To Indulge in something extra special this holiday season.
As your calendar fills with places to go, people to see and parties to attend, you may find yourself short on grab and go gifts. My secret weapons to savoring the holidays are consumable gifts! They can be enjoyed, used up and you never have to find a permanent home for them. And when you can support local businesses it’s a win-win! Below are my super six:
- Sparkling Missouri wine! While sparkling should be sipped year round, this time of year begs for festive wine. Pick up an award winner: LBV Brut is an all-time CoMo favorite or for something pink try this year’s best of class sparkling wine Stone Hill Dry Rose’!
- Boone Olive Oil Company is another local favorite. Their Black Mission Fig Balsamic is ridiculously good…no seriously; it will transform any dish, it’s crazy good! I’m also into their Wild Mushroom Olive Oil over veggies, so tasty!
- Askinosie Chocolate is one of my favorite chocolate artisans. After reading a story earlier this year about Sean Askinosie, I fell deeper in love with their company story. Their peppermint bark is not only delicious but the packaging is adorable!
- Kaldi’s coffee — it’s no secret, I’m a super fan and I love this time of year when their “Tis-the season” blend comes out. This coffee is the essence of the season’s spices. Not to mention, their awesome gift card deal; it’s the perfect present for the coffee lover in your life.
- Restaurant gift certificates – Columbia has so many delicious local eateries. Coley’s is a hidden gem and their new menu doesn’t disappoint. If you find yourself short on time pick up their artichoke cakes for your next gathering; they are scrumptious!
- Make Scents is perfect for non-food/beverage consumables. Of course they carry Frasier Fir (I’m obsessed with this scent), but my favorite little pick me up this season is a peppermint reed diffuser. After searching high and low for “peppermint” home fragrance, Christina created a custom scent just for me! Very holiday and very refreshing. Not to mention, with all of their other lotions, potions and candles, they can take care of everyone on your list!
Cheers to the most wonderful time of the year!