Reader Favorite Recipes
One of my favorite types of magazine articles or blog posts has always been the “best of” variety, just like Inside Columbia magazine’s “Best of Columbia” features. I’m always inquiring about lists for the “best of” restaurants, recipes, places to visit, things to do, neighborhoods, etc. I love to create these kinds of lists, as well; especially for my blog readers. It’s a great way to direct new visitors to the best of my content and ensure they have a great experience reading me. Today, I’m sharing the most popular recipes from my site. These were the most searched, most shared, and most popular dishes on the blog over the last year, and some of my personal favorites happen to have made the cut!
- Flat Iron Steak with Maple Bourbon Espresso Sauce — It’s my current favorite way to enjoy beef! Since posting this, I’ve made it for a Christmas party and received rave reviews.
- Banana Bran Muffins — This recipe has also seen repeats in my kitchen since its debut last spring. It’s a deliciously healthy way to use ripe bananas, and super satisfying for breakfast.
- Chow Mein Chopped Salad — Definitely try this hit at summer potlucks and barbecues!
- Cranberry, Fig and Brie Tartlets — I’ve had a lot of positive feedback on this recipe, so it doesn’t surprise me one bit that it was a popular post! It’s an awesome appetizer or dish for a party.
- How to Host a Make Your Own Pizza Party — It doesn’t take much thought to figure out why this was popular…homemade pizza rocks!
- Roasted Corn and Summer Tomato Salad –— Another summer cookout hit!
- Cherry Berry Baked Donuts — A summer (and Valentine’s Day) favorite with multiple repeats in my kitchen – moist baked donuts with a fruity pink glaze. Delish!
- Turkey Tamale Tartlets — I’d keep this on file for next year’s Super Bowl-watching party if I were you!
- Poppy Seed Chicken — Winter comfort food that’s simple, freezer-friendly, and loved by kiddos and those of us who are young at heart!
- Fifty Shades of Toast — This post’s popularity might have something to do with the title. The toast game on Instagram is strong, and this compilation of 50 ways to eat toast will keep the toast party going all year long!