Photos by L.G. Patterson
This drink is a fun variation on one of the most popular cocktails at Cherry Street Cellar: The Old Fashioned. The template of rich spirits balanced with spice and sweetness allows for a lot of creativity and experimentation. You can further experiment by trying your hand at flaming an orange peel to add a smoky zest.
Old Weinsburg Cocktail
- 1.75 ounces Old Overholt 100 Proof Rye
- .5 ounces Nux Alpina Walnut Liqueur
- .5 ounces Luxardo Amaro Abano
- .25 ounces rich Demerara sugar syrup
- Dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 Flamed orange peel
- TO MAKE THE DRINK: Stir ingredients with ice for 10-12 seconds, strain and serve on the rocks. For the flamed orange peel, peel a wide swath from an orange and, using a lighter, flame the oil of the orange peel over the drink. Enjoy!