Photos by L.G. Patterson
A moderate citrus tang with smoked Demerara syrup combine to satisfy your palette, while the romantic notes of cacao in Angel’s Envy bourbon and Xocolatl Mole bitters add poise and depth to an already sophisticated mixture. The Hamilton Pimento Dram blends spice, anise and Jamaican rum to conclude this drink, leaving you with a bold but polished finish.
Once completed, the complex and thoughtful marriage of cultures inside the Hamilton’s Envy offers a unique and rich experience while staying true to familiar cocktails.
- 2 ounces Angel’s Envy bourbon
- 1 ounce Hamilton Pimento Dram
- 1 ounce smoked Demerara syrup
- ½ ounce lemon squeeze
- 2 drops Xocolatl Mole bitters
- Chill a coupe or martini glass and set aside. Combine ingredients and stir with ice for 20 seconds and strain into chilled glass. Finally, lightly sprinkle nutmeg on top of the drink and garnish with a lemon twist.