1203 Missouri Boulevard
Events by this organizer
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Capital Chalk Art Fair Sunday, Sept.
Capital Chalk Art Fair
Sunday, Sept. 15
(300 Ellis-Porter Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65101)
CAPITAL CHALK ART FAIR will be held on Sunday, Sept. 15 at Riverside Park in Jefferson City. Watch the sidewalks come alive! If you have never participated in Street Art we encourage you to join in a day of music, creativity and fun. Cash prizes will be awarded to winners. Capital Arts Chalk Art Fair wouldn’t be possible without our amazing sponsors: Missouri Arts Council and Jefferson City Parks & Recreation! We will have professional artist Jennifer Neff doing a larger chalk art demonstration, Jason Hollandsworth making balloon art, and will be giving away hot dogs, chips and water!
Sign Up Today! Registration is limited.
Drawing is done directly on the sidewalks – just like graffiti. You may begin working at any time after 12:30 p.m. A registration table will be set up at the Pavillion chalk pick-up and you will be directed as to where to begin your Street Art. You will have an assigned workspace to chalk. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded in the following weeks. Let your imagination run wild. Reproduce a renaissance painting, a family photograph, a still-life, a cartoon, or portrait – whatever you want.
• Artwork must be appropriate for public viewing. Capital Arts is entitled to photograph and reproduce the street painting for purposed of historical record and future publicity.
• We encourage street painters to sign their work. If you are reproducing an image originally created by another artist it is important to credit the original artist and the title.
• Please respect the street artists who are working near you. Please do not walk on their drawings or have open beverage containers, which could spill and damage a drawing.
How to apply:
• Fill out application form. You can print an application at www.capitalarts.org under the artist tab – call to chalk. Also you can pick up a copy in the gallery. Application deadline is Sept. 10. You can also submit a digital application by going to the home page of our website, in the right hand column there is a link you can click “Submit Chalk Art Application ONLINE”
• Please return you application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Capital Arts, 1203 Missouri Blvd., Jefferson City, MO 65109