The ONE event was started last year by several families in the Columbia area to find a way to DO SOMETHING for our kids with type 1 diabetes. JDRF used to sponsor a walk in this area each year but since our community is not considered large enough they stopped. When we inquired – they asked us to host a walk on our own. We thought a party would be more fun! So, in 2016 several families of type 1 diabetic kids planned a family friendly party on the lawn of Logboat Brewing Co. … hoping 150 friends would show up in support of type 1 diabetes. We were blessed to have 450 people in attendance at the event and raise $25,000 to benefit the research that JDRF is doing to find a cure for our kids with type 1 diabetes.
- A fun-filled afternoon with a bounce house, face painter, silent auction, raffle food, drinks and more – including live music by Vertical Mattress
- Advance tickets can be purchased for $35 for adults and $15 for students until April 20th at https://theONEevent2017.eventbrite.com
- All ticket sales directly benefits the research that JDRF is doing to help find ONE cure for Type ONE diabetes
- Monetary donations to the ONE event fundraiser can also be made at http://www2.jdrf.org/theONEevent
- For more information about the ONE event, you can reach us at email@example.com