Photos by L.G. Patterson
When the temperature begins to drop and a cozy sweater won’t do the trick, Park’s signature vanilla chai old fashioned is bound to warm you up. This variation on a traditional old fashioned elevates the classic with notes of cinnamon and cardamom, as well as a hint of sweetness from the vanilla.
Gather fireside at our community table and enjoy the warmth of this vanilla chai old fashioned!
Hannah Hawkins is head bartender at Park Restaurant & Bar.
Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned
- 4 dashes Fee Brothers orange bitters
- 3 vanilla chai black tea bags
- 2 1/2 ounces maple syrup
- 2 ounces Elijah Craig bourbon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange slice and peel
- Cinnamon stick
- First make the vanilla chai simple syrup by boiling one cup of water and adding three vanilla chai tea bags, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Let cool.
- Muddle a slice of orange in 3⁄4 ounces of the vanilla chai simple syrup with four dashes of orange bitters. Stir well.
- Strain into a glass over ice and add 2 ounces of bourbon. Line the rim with the orange peel and drop it in with the cinnamon stick to garnish. Enjoy!